Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
For more information visit this website.
Why we’re hiring
We are hiring because our Shell Technical Landscape Services (TLS) is key to supporting the global infrastructure for Technical Professionals in Shell Exploration and Production. It includes GIS (Geographic Information Systems) specific back-end services for the global Shell Geomatics community, which are provided by virtual teams located in the Netherlands, USA and India. We’re looking for candidates to strengthen the team covering operational support, service improvements and technical project lead related activities.
- Provide third-line operational support, with focus on day to day incident management.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex technical application issues: application access, recovery and tuning.
- End-to-end monitoring and problem management across all technical areas.
- Act as interface between our customers and various infrastructure support groups providing operating system and storage/network support and guidance in the effective use of GIS systems, products and services (mainly ESRI technologies).
Participate in global pro-active GIS service enhancements:
- Plan and participate in global GIS backend ever greening activities like new releases, security patches and application upgrades.
- Automation of workflows maintaining applications (i.e. upgrade, migration, stabilization, scripting, reporting, workarounds).
- Document, maintain and improve service performance metrics.
Participate in new GIS Server deployments and introduction of new technologies:
- Translating customer requirements in infrastructure design and managing component infrastructure provider’s delivery on new requirements.
- Develop non-functional test scripts to test GIS software for stress and performance.
- On boarding (technical support) of new GIS functionality into the service, ensure appropriate transition from project to support.
- Deployment of GIS backend services to new locations around the globe liaising with hardware, storage & operating system component infrastructure providers and customers.
- Contribute to successful project delivery within agreed time and budget.
- Degree in computer science, geography, GIS, or other closely related field from a recognized University or Institution.
- Excellent GIS backend application support skills and IT infrastructure skills covering the whole ESRI stack, Internet Information Services (IIS), Oracle on Linux and SQL Server on Windows.
- Experience with middleware administration and configuration (Web Server administration on IIS, Tomcat, Active Directory, Web Security, etc.).
- Customer focused and pro-active attitude; enjoy customer facing, taking end-to-end responsibility.
- Experience with ITIL processes.
- Be able to collaborate with various specialized multinational support teams to bring complex requests or problems to timely resolution.
- Be flexible, and willing to work outside of normal office hours to ensure that service and high customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Experience with process automation and scripting (Python) is a plus.