PhD Position in Wireless Communications and Positioning,
Graz University of Technology, Austria
The Signal Processing and Speech Communication Lab (SPSC) of Graz University of Technology is seeking to fill a PhD position in the area of wireless communications and indoor positioning.
The PhD candidate will work on the problem of radio-based indoor positioning, where multipath propagation and non-line-of-sight situations severely impair accuracy and robustness. The work will combine aspects of wireless communications (such as the properties of the indoor propagation channels), (statistical) signal processing, cognitive dynamic systems, and machine learning.
Visit the website for more information about the SPSC lab
The research tasks and potential methodologies include:
- Statistical signal processing
- Bayesian inference and graphical models
- Channel modeling and channel measurements
- Algorithms for channel analysis
- Multiple target tracking
- Sensor networks and cooperative algorithms
- M.Sc. degree in relevant field (EE, CS, Telematics)
- Strong background in statistical signal processing and wireless communications
- Independent and self-motivated working
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English
The SPSC is a research and education center in (nonlinear) signal processing, computational intelligence, as well as circuits & systems modeling and design. It covers applications in wireless communications, speech/audio communication, and telecommunications.
Graz University of Technology aims to increase the number of female employees, particularly in scientific and management positions, and thus encourages qualified female candidates to apply. In case of comparable qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Please send your application including the usual material (such as CV, motivation letter, list of grades, names of references, your MSc Thesis or published papers) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preliminary application deadline: Feb. 28, 2017.