Call for papers COSIT 2017: L’Aquila, Italy
The submission page for full papers is now open!
COSIT 2017 (http://www.cosit2017.org)
13th International Conference on Spatial Information Theory
L’Aquila, Italy, September 4-8, 2017
2nd call for papers
Established in 1993, COSIT (Conference On Spatial Information Theory) is a biennial international conference series concerned with theoretical aspects of space and spatial information. COSIT was started to establish a counterpoint to several concurrent applied GIS conferences at which reports on applications and development in GIS technology were made but often without a contribution to scientific theory and literature. The focus at COSIT from the beginning has been on theories of space and time relevant to the establishment and the advancement of (geo)spatial information science.
Spatial information theory is concerned with all aspects of space and spatial environments as experienced, represented and elaborated by humans, other animals and artificial agents. The scope of the conference includes both the conceptualization of frameworks for specific spatio-temporal domains, as well as the development of general theories of space and time and theories of spatial and temporal information. Papers may address aspects of spatial information from any disciplinary perspective including (but not limited to) the following:
– Cognitive Science, Vision Science, Environmental and Behavioral Psychology
– Geography and Geographic Information Science
– Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
– Engineering, Human Factors and Cognitive Ergonomics
– Cognitive Robotics and Cognitive Informatics
– Mathematics, Logic, Philosophy and Ontology
– Cognitive Anthropology, Psycholinguistics and Linguistics
– Architecture, Planning, and Environmental Design
COSIT 2017, the thirteenth conference in the series, will be held in L’Aquila, Italy, on September 4th-8th 2017. September 4th will be dedicated to satellite workshops and tutorials and September 7th will host a doctoral forum. The main conference is a three-day event, taking place from September 5th to September 7th. Two types of scientific contributions are going to be invited: Full Papers and Posters.
The following (nonexclusive) topics are indicative of the fields of interest:
– activitybased models of spatial knowledge
– cartography and geographic visualization
– cognitive structure of spatial knowledge
– cognitive aspects of geographic information
– cooperative work with spatial information
– events and processes in geographic space and time
– human sensors in space and time
– incomplete or imprecise spatial knowledge
– knowledge representation for space and time
– languages of spatial relations
– naive geography/behavioral geography
– navigation and wayfinding, including robot navigation
– ontology of space and time
– presentation and communication of spatial information
– qualitative and commonsense spatial representation
– quality issues in geographic information
– semantics of geographic information
– social and cultural organization of space
– spatial and temporal language
– spatial aspects of social networks
– spatial data integration/interoperability
– spatial decisionsupport
– structure of geographic information
– theory and practice of spatial and temporal reasoning
– time in geographic information
– userinterface design/spatialization of interfaces
– virtual spaces
– volunteered geographic information
Starting from this edition, COSIT proceedings will be published in Open Access within the Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics (LIPIcs) Series (http://www.dagstuhl.de/en/publications/lipics).
Full papers will be thoroughly reviewed by at least three members of the international program committee. High-quality submissions will be accepted for presentation at the conference and published in the conference proceedings. Selection will be based on relevance to the conference, scientific significance, novelty, relation to previously published literature, clarity of presentation, and interdisciplinary context. Manuscripts must describe original work that has neither been published before, nor is currently under review elsewhere.
Papers must be written in English according to LIPIcs formatting guidelines (available at the URL http://www.dagstuhl.de/publikationen/lipics/anleitung-fuer-autoren/) and should not exceed 13 pages (including title, figures, and references). Full papers must be submitted in PDF format through the COSIT 2017 EasyChair installation, available at the URL https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cosit2017.
Posters are intended for presenting to the community those pieces of work that are not yet mature for a full publication. For example, on-going work, project reports, preliminary ideas, and small applications. Poster content shall be summarized in a two-pages abstract, written in English, formatted according to the formatting guidelines that will be made available soon on the COSIT 2017 website and submitted in PDF format via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Poster submissions will be screened for acceptance by COSIT 2017’s chairs. Accepted poster submissions will be published in a different proceedings volume with ISBN, possibly together with workshop papers. Accepted submissions will be presented in parallel at the conference within a dedicated poster session.
– Full papers due March 1, 2017
– Full paper notification April 15, 2017
– Full paper camera-ready due May 15, 2017
– Posters due May 15, 2017
– Posters notification June 1, 2017
– Posters camera-ready due June 15, 2017
Eliseo Clementini (University of L’Aquila)
Maureen Donnelly (SUNY Buffalo)
May Yuan (UT Dallas)
Christian Kray (University of Muenster)
Workshop and Tutorial Chairs:
Paolo Fogliaroni (TU Wien)
Andrea Ballatore (Birkbeck, University of London)
Info & Contact
All necessary information about the scientific program, deadlines, local organization and logistics will be provided on COSIT 2017 website (http://www.cosit2017.org) in a timely manner as we approach the conference date.
Yet, for any type of information, concerning either the scientific program or local organization, please feel free to email our organizing team at email@example.com