Visually-supported Computational Movement Analysis(VCMA 2016), AGILE Workshop, Helsinki, June 2016
The past decade has seen a dramatic improvement of positioning technologies which led to massive volumes of tracking data about virtually any object that moves, in a multitude of application domains. Consequently, many new methods for these data have been developed, and computational movement analysis has evolved as an important stream of research within GIScience. However, many challenges remain, including context-aware analysis, multi-sensor data integration, scale-adaptive analysis, integration of analytical and visual methods, etc.
This one-day workshop calls for recent advances in movement analysis. First, we call for submissions in any application area using any movement data type on:
- new computational methods of movement analysis and
- new visually-supported methods, as well as
- empirical evaluations and applications of existing methods.
Second, we are organising a data challenge using open GPS seabird tracking data and call for both purely analytical and visually-supported solutions to address ecological research questions. Participation in data challenge is encouraged, but not required for workshop attendance.
- Deadline for short papers and data challenge contributions, 15 March 2016
- Notification of acceptance for short papers and data challenge, 15April2016
- Final version of short papers(prepared after any required revisions), 15May2016
- Workshop at AGILE conference, 14June2016