What is Extreme Blue?
There are summer internships, and then there’s Extreme Blue. Think of it as the opportunity to solve strategic client cases, but with the support, expertise and backing of one of the worlds leading technology companies. Extreme Blue at IBM isn’t your average summer internship. It’s 12 weeks of intense creative thinking.
Working in a small team of students, you’ll tackle a strategic challenge of one of IBM’s clients. Your task? Develop an idea to solve it – one that no one else has thought of – and then, turn that idea into a real product or service. When the 12 weeks are up, you’ll showcase it to our clients and IBM executives. Expectations will be high and the results will be scrutinised closely. So, it’s not an easy ride – but we guarantee it’ll be an incredible experience.
Where else could you experience all this…?
- Get real life client facing experience – by presenting your ideas and concepts to IBM’s clients, business partners and often the press
- Develop a technology and business plan to bring a new product to life in just 12 weeks.
- Have the product you developed potentially used by millions of people around the world (and even be front page news).
- Have the freedom to work on a project with no constraints – we want you to be creative, push yourself and your team to come up with new ideas
- A unique opportunity to develop not only your business and technical skills but also skills such as teamwork, project management, presentation skills
- Grow your network by building relationships with influential people
- Learn from and work with some of the most creative technical and business minds in the world.
- Have access to technology and thinking that’s beyond cutting-edge.
- Pick up a huge range of skills and get unique, real world experience on your CV
- Make great friends – and work with them in some really cool surroundings.
More information: http://www-05.ibm.com/employment/nl/students/extreme-blue.shtml