This conference is organised in the framework of the European project INVOLEN (Intergenerational Learning for Nature Conservation Volunteers – www.involen.eu) and aims to promote discussion on three core topics connected to lifelong learning: intergenerational learning in relation to nature conservation and local heritage; ICT and mobile game design as well as environmental volunteering for enhancing both education and active citizenship.
The conference will also present the winners of the “Volunteer Conservationists’ Games” European competition (www.involeneuropeancompetition.wordpress.com) and will host the awarding ceremony.
More information about conference themes & targeted participants visiting the website.
- Pedagogical and technological innovation in environmental education; the use of new media
- Defining environmental education, with reference to natural and cultural heritage (protected areas, Natura 2000 etc.)
- Intergenerational Learning in the context of environmental education
- Social networks and learning communities as agents of environmental education
- European LLL policies and their effect on environmental education and intergenerational learning
- Environmental education and nature volunteering
- Game based learning and nature conservation
- Location based games in education
Abstract submission: 15th APRIL 2015.
Full paper submission: 15th July 2015.
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and the abstracts will be published on the conference website.
Instructions can be found in the Announcement file attached or in the website.
Fees and Registration
Early bird: 100 Euro until 30th July 2015
150 Euro until 1st September 2015
Activists in environment and social organisations (confirmation document is necessary) can take advantage of great discount registering until 30th June:
30 € fee
Students (confirmation document is necessary) can participate free of charge, but should be registered
Finalists to the European Competition: free of charge
The fee includes free access to all Conference events, lunches, coffee breaks, proceedings and INVOLEN publications.
Details for payment will be sent by e-mail after registration.