The International Cartographic Association (ICA) and the Vienna University of Technology are pleased to invite you to contribute to the 1st ICA European Symposium on Cartography, which will be held in Vienna, 10–12 November 2015.
We invite contributions in the following areas, but not limited to:
- Semiotics and Map Design
- Map Use, Usability and Cognition
- Geovisualization, GeoVisual Analytics
- Generalization and Multi-scale Representation
- Cartography and Education
- Geospatial Analysis
- Thematic Cartography
- Atlas Cartography
- Web Cartography and Map Services
- Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Big Geo Data Handling
- Location Based Services and Ubiquitous Cartography
- Cartography for Disaster Management
- VGI, Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science
- Open Source Geospatial Technologies
- Full papers – to present significant scientific results. Full papers will be peer-reviewed. Selected papers are intended to be published in the International Journal of Cartography and in a book of the series Lecture Notes on Geoinformation and Cartography by Springer.
- Requirements: English, submission as PDF (according to a template) through EasyChair
- Deadline: June 1, 2015
- Work in progress – abstracts to present ongoing work. Review of the abstract. If accepted, you will be invited to give a presentation at the symposium; an extended abstract or full paper (your choice) will be published in the online proceedings of the symposium.
- Requirements: English, up to 800 words, submission to email@example.com
- Deadline: June 29, 2015
The symposium will be held at Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria and is organized by Prof. Georg Gartner. In case of questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org For more information please consult the symposium website: eurocarto.org